• Trip to the C4 (Community College Completion Corps) Summit was discussed as well as the Lampitt Bill. More information about C4 is here. The Lampitt Bill is a NJ-only bill that requires NJ institutions to give full transfer credit from other NJ colleges.
• The possibility of a C4 Signing Day was also discussed. This would boost completion of their degree prior to transferring.
• Details about the C4 Summit at the Community College of Morris event will be posted on this website soon.
• Music Club Showcase - 4/11. We will have a table and may need some volunteers. Feel free to contact Prof. Whitfield for more information.
• Another aspect of C4 is funding. States use the graduation completion rate to determine funding for community colleges. If we can get more people to complete their degrees prior to transferring, the graduation rate will be increased thus increasing funding to the college.
• Phi Theta Kappa encourages chapters to complete events in all of their four hallmarks for the Honors in Action project. We complete many service projects, but may look at creating events that merge all the four hallmarks (Fellowship, Scholarship, Service, and Leadership).
• The Officers' Academy / Honors Institute event was discussed. It is the second weekend in June.
• We are serving breakfast at the Camden Ronald McDonald House on July 28 on 9AM.
• First Friday in August is Hershey Park Day (free lunch, just riding rides).
• The Mini-Honors in Action (Leadership Conference) in the Fall was discussed.
• The Regional Conference is in February.
• Officer candidate voting will most likely take place on April 30.
• A Papa John's fundraiser was discussed. The coupon booklets are $5 each and include a coupon for a Free Medium Pizza.
• These were the suggestions for the Easter Egg Hunt next year:
Crafts for kids only 5 and under
Giving all of the clubs a list of pre-approved crafts for them to choose
Items discussed during tonight’s meeting:
• Induction Prep at 10am Saturday before induction
• About 50 people will be inducted this semester
• Officers and members can arrive at the Induction at 12pm
• Snacks and bottled water for induction at Costco
• Officers will leave for County College of Morris at 7:45am on March 23rd at Pemberton Security Desk
• Two big veggie trays for Induction snacks
• Making goodie bags for Easter Egg Hunt on March 30th afternoon/evening at 5:00pm
• Officers can arrive at Enterprise Center at 12pm
About 25 people needed for Easter Egg Hunt
• Posters were handed out for distribution at other BCC locations
• Description of awards and recent developments in regards to the Honors in Action project.
• Honors in Action project is now the Culture of Competition
• Phi Theta Kappa Event - March 23rd for Officers
• Induction is still at Enterprise Center this year on March 26. Instead of food being served inside the Enterprise Center, snacks will be held at the Science Building Lounge.
• April 1st - Easter Egg Hunt in Laurel Hall. We will try to contact other clubs to participate. Members and officers can arrive at 11 a.m.
Student invitation letters will be sent automatically. Phi Theta Kappa will send letters out and Prof. Whitfield will send emails. No envelope stuffing this semester!
We are also going to look at the spending for the Enterprise Center for Induction. A possibility is to bring food and have them meet in the Science Building instead of paying the Enterprise Center staff for food. The position of VP of Fellowship is available.
Below is a list of events discussed at tonight's meeting.
March 5 - New Member Orientation