- Officers Academy / Honors Institute is from June 14-17. We would like to leave before 1 PM at the Security Building at the Mt Laurel Campus if possible. The event is being held at Kings College in Wilkes Barre, PA. We would like to get back at BCC at around noon on Sunday.
- Tables for the C4 project will be provided for all of the student orientations. The orientations start on July 10 on every Tuesday and run until August 23.
- We will learn how to tackle the Honors in Action Project at the conference next week.
- Phi Theta Kappa's Founders Day is on November 19.
- We traditionally do the induction and two student orientations every semester. The attendance for the orientations have not been that great recently.
- We discussed a tangent on the various viewpoints regarding ebooks and intellectual property.
- Our next meeting will be on June 25 at 5:30 PM.
• Officers Academy / Honors Institute is from June 14-17 (Thu-Sun). We will try to leave by 1PM, earlier if possible. The event is paid for by the chapter and is for officers only. It will be held at Kings College in Wilkes-Barre, PA.
• Sources for our Honors in Action project were presented.
• Our next meeting will be on June 11 at 6 PM.
• July 28 is the day we have scheduled for our Ronald McDonald House breakfast in Camden.
• We discussed several topics regarding college transfer students and topic ten from Theme 8 of the Honors in Action Program Guide.
• This Thursday (5/17) is flower preparation at 1 PM in Pemberton at the Phi Theta Kappa office in the Office of Student Activities.
• Saturday is the sale at 8 AM to about 12 PM or 1 PM in Pemberton for graduation. Volunteers can arrive at the Office of Student Activities.
• Officers Academy and Honors Institute is from June 14 (around 1 PM) at Kings College in Wilkes Barre, PA. We come back Sunday.
• July 28 (Saturday) is the scheduled date for our Ronald McDonald House breakfast in Camden. We will meet at the Public Safety building in Mt. Laurel.
• August 3 is Hershey Park Day.
• We will work on our Honors in Action Project primarily in the Fall 2012 semester.
• Various topics for the Honors in Action project were discussed. Food and psychology were popular themes during this meeting.
• We may try to tie in the C4 initiative into the Honors in Action project.
• Alternatively, we may try to use a scholarship or tuition credit for our project. Subjects discussed included tutoring or ambassador programs.
• We may try to set up a C4 table at new summer student orientations in July.
• Our theme for the Honors in Action project looks to be Education.
• Relay for Life is on June 1 6am to June 2 7am at Delran HS. Volunteers do not have to stay the whole time, however. The team is named Team Life. You should be able to add yourself online with a mandatory $10 donation.
• Out next meeting will be on May 29 (Tuesday) at 5pm in Mt Laurel. It will be in either Laurel Hall 116 or 320.
• The various officer positions for next year were discussed.
Descriptions of the various officer positions can be viewed below.
|President:||Presides over meetings, helps organize, plan, and run chapter events.|
|Vice President of Scholarship:||Organizes, plans, and runs chapter events related to the Honor Study topic (The Culture of Competition).|
|Vice President of Leadership:||Organizes, plans, and runs events that involve working with other organizations, both on campus and throughout the state.|
|Vice President of Service:||Organizes, plans, and runs our events related to the international service project (Operation Green).|
|Vice President of Fellowship:||Works with other officers to coordinate all chapter efforts and help connect the chapter to other organizations.|
|Vice President of Finance:||Coordinates fund-raising efforts.|
|Vice President of Communications:||Records meeting minutes, manages bulletin boards & website, and helps with the promotion of chapter events.|
• The budget for the next year was discussed.
• We will continue to meet throughout the summer.
• May 17th - Thursday after final exams. The meeting point will be the Phi Theta Kappa office in the Office of Student Activities.
• There is most likely no Fun Fest this summer.
• Relay for Life is on June 1 from 6 PM to 7 AM (the next morning). One member of the team is always walking. The team is already made (Team Life). Two people are already registered to walk.
• July 28 is Ronald McDonald House - we do not need more than eight people.
• August 3 is Hershey Park Day.
• Plans for the C4 Completion Corps were discussed. We would probably do a week-long event, alternating from campus to campus each day. More information about the C4 Project can be found here. We will do our C4 Signing Week/Day sometime in the Fall.
• Various topics and themes for the Honors in Action project (The Culture of Competition) were discussed. The Honors Program Guide can be be found here.
• Monday, May 14 at 5 PM will most likely be the meeting for the Honors in Action project and our chapter meeting. Emails and Facebook Event notices will be sent out ahead of time.
• Professor Whitfield described the International Convention, which happened this past weekend.
• The officer positions for the chapter were discussed. Officer descriptions are available under the Officers portion of the website.
• The Officers Academy / Honors Institute is on the weekend of June 14th (Thursday-Sunday). Mark your calendars for this weekend if you are not graduating and plan to become an officer.
• The budget for the year was presented.
• June 2nd is the Relay for Life at Delran High School. It is an evening event that we hope to have a greater presence in this year.
• Our Ronald McDonald House trip will be on July 28. It is a morning event that ends at around noon. We only need a total of members and officers.
• The Honors in Action project this year is The Culture of Competition.
- Hard work was a main aspect of this at the international conference.
- Definition was thrown out as a theme for the Honors in Action project.
- The Honors in Action Program Study Guide is located here.
- One possible approach to the project is a study in the psychology of competition.
• The C4 (Community College Completion Corps) was discussed. Presentations from the C4 Summit have been posted on the homepage of the chapter website.
• The various themes for the Honors in Action (HIA) project were discussed. The PDF of the Honors Study Guide provides detailed information and descriptions about these themes.